Skip to main content

UPDATE

I just wanted to drop in to say hello and let you guys know that I am alive.  I will probably remain somewhat absent for the rest of this week and probably next.  I have started my census job, and with the 8/9 hours daily grind of driving and doing that job, and my sinus infection or whatever it is (yes, I am still a little puny) I am just too pooped to scrap when I get home.  Sunday night was the first night that I actually slept all night in weeks and now here tonight I woke up at 12:30 coughing my head off again.  I think it is sinus affection because my ears are all stopped up still and now, the only time I get these coughing spells is when I lay down. 

I like the census job (it started last week) and although there is definitely nothing hard about it, I find that I am pooped when I get home...combination of getting back into the routine of working in public again, and the stop and go driving all day long. It even has aggravated an old injury I received in my shoulder years ago at the factory and it is just aching now.  I am sure I will get use to all of this soon and then I will feel like scrapping in the evening..I hope so anyway, lol.

With  the record rains we had this past weekend in South-Central Kentucky, our big Derby Bash we had planned for Saturday was canceled so we are trying to have the get-together this Saturday, and then next Saturday is the clean-up day at the Phelps Family Cemetery  so don't worry about me if you don't hear anything out of for me for the next week or two - I'll be back, as Arnold says, lol!

Update on the shingles as well...can you believe after a month, I still have a few scabs left  But most all the pain and the itching from them is gone.  That is one illness that I pray I never have to go through again, let me tell ya - lol

Hugz!
Debbie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I can't wait to actually see these

Bells of St Clements

“Oranges and lemons… The Bells of St Clements…”. The words of this old English singing game identified the church bells in and around London and are the inspiration behind Rina’s “Bells of St Clements” collection. Full of juicy fruity freshness in citrus shades of cream, lemon yellow, orange and lime green, this collection is sure to become a summer favorite. As part of the Door Buster Event , there will be some new coordinates for Rina's new (soon to be released) kit that are priced for only $1 or $2 !!! I have loved playing with this beautiful kit! Here are some layouts I have finished today. This is a special page I made for my DS#2 and his lovely wife! I love you guys and wish you only the best which life has to offer!!! Thank you for stopping my blog today and here is a freebie I made for you from the layout above. ***SORRY-NO LONGER AVAILABLE***

In Memoriam Collection

Anyone who has lost a loved one knows how much they cherish them and want to preserve their memory. Putting together a Memory Album is one way of remembering them, now and for future generations. Rina and Kimberly have come together in bringing you the "In Memoriam" collection that exemplifies gentleness in strength. Inside this large collection you will find a myriad of embellishments and papers that are suitable for both softly feminine and more rugged masculine pages. It is delicate and sensitive, yet strong and thoughtful. The colors are peaceful, yet with an intensity that gives them strength. You will be able to choose from a number of color combinations: from crisp silvery white and lavender, to the soft glow of gold leaf and sky blue, from warm caramel and taupe to shades found in nature, and finally to accent colors of scarlet red, navy blue and dark purple. Often times our emotions are still very raw from our loss and we may find it difficult to draw on our own c