Skip to main content

Forget Me Not

Today I was feeling a little melancholy...it seems that feeling always creeps up on me this time of the year.  November was always a special month for me with my birthday, my Mother's birthday, my Grandmother's birthday, and my parents wedding anniversary but they are all gone now, and I do miss them terribly.  And then the holidays are coming.  As I start making plans for our Thanksgiving, I look forward to the times I gather with my family but I still do miss the holidays at Mama's.  My middle son, Nicholas has not spent a holiday with us since he joined the NAVY in 1999. I know he is happy and does his best to make the holidays special for his own family.  Many miles physically separate us but  his brothers and I feel he is with us in spirit.

Then comes Christmas...I do not even want to think of that....needless to say, I am not ready for it but like death and taxes, it will come.  I am not going to stress about it this year though.  We won't spend much money on presents this year; you can't spend what you don't have but that really is ok with me!!  I am not going to stress the small things for we have so much more!  I am just so grateful that the Lord has blessed my family so richly and even though we will not gather around a brightly decorated tree singing Christmas carols as they do in the movies I love to watch, my family and I  will be safe and warm with full bellies as we unite in spirit, in joy and in love.  My sons have grown into such fine young men in whom I am so proud of.  Thank you, Jesus for your many blessings!

Today, I played with one of my new DSD purchases:  FORGET ME NOT by Studio Rosey Posey.
"I love the combination of all the blues, turquoises and little flowers with the vintage feel of the papers."

For a full list of all the credits, see my DST GALLERY HERE  
Check the Rosey Posey Studio at Scrapbookgraphics for many beautiful digital scrapbooking supplies
HUGZ to you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapping Today

There are so many other things I should be doing today on my 10th Wedding Anniversary but Hubby had to work, and I have so many pretties that I purchased on National Scrapbooking Day-well, I just want to play!!! And I want to remind you that today is the last day to grab Rina's NSD Grabbag at the incredibly low price of $2.95. This Grabbag is so huge-it is one that just can not be missed! I made the following layout for Rina's Scripture Challenge with the Joyful Awakening Stacked Papers which is just one of the hidden beauties in this bag! I made the next page for the SBE-Layout Inspiration Challenge . It is inspired by Tomorrows and Yesterdays by Danessa . I used Rina's Secrets in The Attic Page set and the In Memoriam Element Set by Kimberly Stewart and Rina Kroes. It is a heritage page for the album I am working on for the Phelps Family Reunion. This next page was made for Build A Fairy Treehouse Challenge at Enchanted Studio Scraps. For this challenge...

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I ca...

Anchors Aweigh

In 1906, Bandmaster Lieutenant Zimmerman was approached by Midshipman First Class Alfred Hart Miles with a request for a new march or fight song. Midshipman Miles was a member of the Naval Academy class of 1907. Miles and his classmates were eager "to have a piece of music that would be inspiring, one with a swing to it so it could be used as a football marching song, and one that would live forever." The two men reportedly worked out the tune and it was first called "Stand Navy Down The Field". "Aweigh", meaning to raise or hoist, comes from the nautical phrase "to weigh anchor". The current lyrics, as revised by George D. Lottman, were adopted in the 1920s, and it is now recognized as the U.S. NAVY Anthem. "Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry; We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y. Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to victory And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray! Anchors Aweigh...