Skip to main content

Its Friday!

Yep, its finally Friday!  I don't know why that is such a big deal to me for since I do not work outside of the home any more, its not like that day is any different than any other day, lol.  I do know it means that for my sons, they can usually spend the weekend at home enjoying their families so as ole Martha says, "Its a good thing!"

I have been scrapping up a storm as usual.  I have the wedding album done for Andrea using the Whispers of Winter Collection by Rina Kroes.  I think it turned out lovely but I have heard nothing back from her as of yet :(
I have 39 pages done for the wedding photo book I am making for my hubby's boss.  I am really enjoying the process of  creating it as I am looking through my stash and using kits from some of my favorite designers.  Many, I had not even unzipped yet, can you believe it?  I had completely forgotten I had purchased some of them!  When I get it finished I will post a screen show down at the bottom of this page with my other photo books so you can see it.  Speaking of photo books, I spent about three weeks getting many photo books put together, ready for my family to order and print out.  Many more are in the works- family are you listening? lol

My son finally got my friend LaRanda her cd with the layouts I had made for her using Rina Kroes' Marshmallow Collection.  I have not heard anything from her either...hmmm.  It kind of hurts my little baby-feelings when I don't get any kind of response when I make something for someone.  It doesn't matter though for I do so enjoy my digi-scrapping but if people would only stop and realize the hours involved when making a photo book, or any thing, for that matter.  Years ago, I spent hours and hours doing counted cross-stitch (between the years spent doing that and the years I have now spent at the pc doing digi-scrapping, its no wonder why I am blind-lol).  Anyway, people always wanted me to make them something but they never wanted to pay me for my services.  I don't really get that....I mean the auto-mechanic does not fix my car for nothing.  I am charged when I go to the doctor.  If I was fortunate enough to have a maid, she would expect payment for her services.  I am doing my best to create pretty works of art from photos, to create memories the family can treasure.  I spend many many hours at the computer doing this.  Granted I do not consider it to be manual labor for I love doing it but isn't my time just as valuable as the auto mechanic?  Oh well, it would be nice to be able to make some kind of a living from doing the things I love but until then, just as with my counted cross-stitch, most of the scrapbook pages I do, I give to my family and friends - labors of love as Great Mamaw Ruby used to say.  Speaking of which, I have a little gift for you today!

This is a quick page I found on my hard drive, and I do not believe I have shared it with you before.  If I have, please forgive this ole Granny for being repetitive.  I used the Classic Elegance kit by Kimmi Stewart.
"Classic Elegance is simply that; classic! This kit is packed so full of little baubles, beautiful ribbons and lace and wonderfully textured papers that Kimmi couldn’t possibly fit it all into the preview. With rich crimson, classic charcoal black, creamy beige, the grit of wrought iron and softness of antiqued gold, it is full of elegant details that are perfect for heritage, fall, masculine and feminine photos."  Please visit Kimmi's SBE store to see this, and many other wonderful products, and enjoy the gift!


NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is a gorgeous kit, and you have made a stupendous quick page with it. Thank you!
scoobie81 said…
Debbie, you are just amazing, girl!!! You create such gorgeous and really thoughtful pages that are saving your family's history and will give such joy to many in the years ahead!!! Kudos!
Scrappy Diva said…
Debbie, this is a gorgeous QP using one of my fav kits by Kimmi. Thanks so much!
CBH said…
Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Jan. 15, 2011. Thanks again.
this kit is beyond gorgeous and your qp is beautiful thanks so much for sharing. I’d love to invite you to promote your site on our Digital Scrapbooking topsite.  Hope to see you there!

Popular posts from this blog

Bells of St Clements

“Oranges and lemons… The Bells of St Clements…”. The words of this old English singing game identified the church bells in and around London and are the inspiration behind Rina’s “Bells of St Clements” collection. Full of juicy fruity freshness in citrus shades of cream, lemon yellow, orange and lime green, this collection is sure to become a summer favorite. As part of the Door Buster Event , there will be some new coordinates for Rina's new (soon to be released) kit that are priced for only $1 or $2 !!! I have loved playing with this beautiful kit! Here are some layouts I have finished today. This is a special page I made for my DS#2 and his lovely wife! I love you guys and wish you only the best which life has to offer!!! Thank you for stopping my blog today and here is a freebie I made for you from the layout above. ***SORRY-NO LONGER AVAILABLE***

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I can't wait to actually see these

In Memoriam Collection

Anyone who has lost a loved one knows how much they cherish them and want to preserve their memory. Putting together a Memory Album is one way of remembering them, now and for future generations. Rina and Kimberly have come together in bringing you the "In Memoriam" collection that exemplifies gentleness in strength. Inside this large collection you will find a myriad of embellishments and papers that are suitable for both softly feminine and more rugged masculine pages. It is delicate and sensitive, yet strong and thoughtful. The colors are peaceful, yet with an intensity that gives them strength. You will be able to choose from a number of color combinations: from crisp silvery white and lavender, to the soft glow of gold leaf and sky blue, from warm caramel and taupe to shades found in nature, and finally to accent colors of scarlet red, navy blue and dark purple. Often times our emotions are still very raw from our loss and we may find it difficult to draw on our own c