Skip to main content

Journaling with Facebook

Journaling is often the hardest part when creating a scrapbook page.  With the vast amounts of digi-products available to us today by the talented designers, it can sometimes seem easy to put together a beautiful page with our treasured photos.  But the words we attach to a page can "MAKE" the page!  The photos we use on our heritage pages are often ancestors long gone from this world, or they can be family members we never met and have no personal knowledge of  yet, each one is special to us because they are family.

For this reason, I often use Facebook posts as inspiration for my scrapbook pages.  Each day, my facebook wall is loaded with quotes filled with motivation, inspiration, wisdom and humor.  Those words often find their way to my pages.  But nothing thrills me quite as much as to find an old family photo on FB and to use those photos with the words my friends have posted with their photos.  Case in point...

When I saw the post by my husband's cousin on FB yesterday, I was excited to have another family photo for my Phelps Ancestry Record Books but I was equally moved by the pain she was feeling in the anniversary of her beloved mother's death.
 "17 years ago today.
I lost my best friend,
my mom Adaline Johnson.
I miss you so much.
I know you are watching
from Heaven but what I
would give to have one
more day with you...."
~Ada Johnson Hixenbaugh
    September 4th, 2012
I have never met this cousin but I wanted to create a tribute for her as I share that same pain for no matter how old we are, we never get over the loss of our Mother.  Then, through divine intervention, DSP Designer, Elizabeth Weaver gifted me with her digi-scrap kit, 'FACES FROM THE PAST 1' .  I used the words from my husband's cousin post, and searched online for a poem which conveyed her same feelings, then went to work in creating a special page for Ada.  I hope it conveys to her my heartfelt wishes for the Lord to help ease her pain.

A Daughter's Promise
" I wish I could see you,
or talk to you once more.
I wish that heaven had a stairway,
I'd walk right to the door.
I can't believe you're gone,
and the pain will never end.
You were my true inspiration,
and also my best friend.
My heart is aching now,
and all I can do is cry.
Thinking in my head,
Why her, Lord? Oh, why?
Your memories will fade with time,
and they can't be replaced.
I've started to forget your voice,
and even your beautiful face.
I'll never be able to understand,
why you had to die.
but one thing is for sure,
I'll see you when it's my time."
--Ashtynn Thomasson


 

So with this post I send love and peace to Ada, and thank you to Elizabeth for her gifts:
FACES FROM THE PAST 1 by Elizabeth Weaver
 FADED KEEPSAKES by Elizabeth Weaver

Visit her store and check everything out here:
DSP DESIGNER: ELIZABETH WEAVER

Until we meet again, remember, inspiration is all around us; use it to create cherished scrapbook pages for your family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I can't wait to actually see these

Bells of St Clements

“Oranges and lemons… The Bells of St Clements…”. The words of this old English singing game identified the church bells in and around London and are the inspiration behind Rina’s “Bells of St Clements” collection. Full of juicy fruity freshness in citrus shades of cream, lemon yellow, orange and lime green, this collection is sure to become a summer favorite. As part of the Door Buster Event , there will be some new coordinates for Rina's new (soon to be released) kit that are priced for only $1 or $2 !!! I have loved playing with this beautiful kit! Here are some layouts I have finished today. This is a special page I made for my DS#2 and his lovely wife! I love you guys and wish you only the best which life has to offer!!! Thank you for stopping my blog today and here is a freebie I made for you from the layout above. ***SORRY-NO LONGER AVAILABLE***

In Memoriam Collection

Anyone who has lost a loved one knows how much they cherish them and want to preserve their memory. Putting together a Memory Album is one way of remembering them, now and for future generations. Rina and Kimberly have come together in bringing you the "In Memoriam" collection that exemplifies gentleness in strength. Inside this large collection you will find a myriad of embellishments and papers that are suitable for both softly feminine and more rugged masculine pages. It is delicate and sensitive, yet strong and thoughtful. The colors are peaceful, yet with an intensity that gives them strength. You will be able to choose from a number of color combinations: from crisp silvery white and lavender, to the soft glow of gold leaf and sky blue, from warm caramel and taupe to shades found in nature, and finally to accent colors of scarlet red, navy blue and dark purple. Often times our emotions are still very raw from our loss and we may find it difficult to draw on our own c