Skip to main content

Why do I "scrap"

It seems like all I do on my blog is apologize for not being loyal to it but let's face it, there is not a single person in the world who loses sleep over my lack of commitment here.  Truth is, I get a little discouraged over that very fact so I stay away.  However, this blog was started by me, for me.  I thought my family may enjoy it but I have come to terms with the fact that to my family I am this crazy old lady they deal with only when they have to, and most of them could care less about my scrapbook pages.  Yes, I am having a bit of a pity party here, aren't I?  So get over it, Granny!!!  I really am trying...

I thought about giving my blog completely up, then I thought I would completely change it and begin completely fresh with a new blog but I don't really deal well with change, as those who know me can affirm.
This blog has served me well and faithfully stands by, ready,  whenever I need it, so I think I will hang on to it a little longer.

My family is going through changes yet once again, and it appears that once again I have gotten into trouble because I made a scrapbook page of someone that someone else does not like.  There is room in my heart for all of them, and scrapbooking has been my therapy for many years.  Many think it is a silly waste of time and can't understand why I continue to do it so fervently.  To them it is all just a bunch of worthless pictures.  But for me, without the ability to make pages for and about my family and friends, and then to be unable to share that pride and love with others, I truly would have went loco many years ago.  It enables me to look back at my past and fondly remember all the good times.  It helps to cure the "empty nest syndrome"  I face as I have learned to accept the reality that I, in fact, am truly no longer needed.  My scrapbook pages have also taught me to grow as an individual, to forgive, and to move forward.  My scrapbook pages are my legacy.  They are all I have to offer, and all I have to leave behind so that whenever that one person comes along and wishes they knew more about me and our family, I have left what I know for them so their search will not be in vain.

Families are so different now-a-days. We are scattered all over the place.  I have cousins and aunts and uncles that I have not seen in many many years.  In all honesty, I even have children and grandchildren that I probably will never see again.  Through death and divorce, people I have loved and will always love, come and go in a steady flow,  never to be seen of or heard from again. However, although they are gone, they are not forgotten by me.  I don't want to forget.  I want to remember every delicious moment.  Even the bad times are appreciated by me for it is all a part of my life. For better or for worse, it is all a part of who I am...it is my story, my truth.

It just seems like since my parents died, and then with my divorce...I just am not a strong enough glue to hold us all together as a family.  Yet, I want my children and grand-children to know a little something about us all, and so I go on..  I treasure every photo and I will continue to share my memories, my hopes for the future, and the love and pride I have for my family in my scrapbook pages.  And by so-doing, I will hang on to my sanity for as long as I can...this why I scrap.


Credits:
CathyK Designs "These Days" by Cathy Krenek @SBE
CathyK Designs "Apple Fest"  Elements by Cathy Krenek @SBE
CathyK Designs "Fish Tales" by Cathy Krenek @SBE
Aged Photo Frames by Rina Kroes @SBE
Staple Clusters by Rina Kroes @SBE
Based on TheDigiChick Template 03/15/2010
Pea Sue's Print font

Comments

fl_connie said…
Hang in there - keep scrapping and one of these days when you least expect it, someone will find all those pages of old photos absolutely fascinating! ((Hugs))
Debbie said…
Thank you Connie!
. said…
Hi, I'm a new follower and fellow scrapper. I enjoy your blog, someone is reading it out there!!! I find that scrapping is therapeutic. I have a disease that has no cure. So on my 'bad' days I scrap up a storm. :) I really love your blog. I do hope you keep on keepin on.
(((((hugs)))))
Michelle

Popular posts from this blog

Bells of St Clements

“Oranges and lemons… The Bells of St Clements…”. The words of this old English singing game identified the church bells in and around London and are the inspiration behind Rina’s “Bells of St Clements” collection. Full of juicy fruity freshness in citrus shades of cream, lemon yellow, orange and lime green, this collection is sure to become a summer favorite. As part of the Door Buster Event , there will be some new coordinates for Rina's new (soon to be released) kit that are priced for only $1 or $2 !!! I have loved playing with this beautiful kit! Here are some layouts I have finished today. This is a special page I made for my DS#2 and his lovely wife! I love you guys and wish you only the best which life has to offer!!! Thank you for stopping my blog today and here is a freebie I made for you from the layout above. ***SORRY-NO LONGER AVAILABLE***

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I can't wait to actually see these

In Memoriam Collection

Anyone who has lost a loved one knows how much they cherish them and want to preserve their memory. Putting together a Memory Album is one way of remembering them, now and for future generations. Rina and Kimberly have come together in bringing you the "In Memoriam" collection that exemplifies gentleness in strength. Inside this large collection you will find a myriad of embellishments and papers that are suitable for both softly feminine and more rugged masculine pages. It is delicate and sensitive, yet strong and thoughtful. The colors are peaceful, yet with an intensity that gives them strength. You will be able to choose from a number of color combinations: from crisp silvery white and lavender, to the soft glow of gold leaf and sky blue, from warm caramel and taupe to shades found in nature, and finally to accent colors of scarlet red, navy blue and dark purple. Often times our emotions are still very raw from our loss and we may find it difficult to draw on our own c