Skip to main content

SPRING SONG


Mendelssohn : Spring Song

 * Follow to the end today and I have a freebie for you :)


The rain beats on my livingroom window here in the holler, and  I am delighted to see it wash away some of the snow that has laid on the ground for weeks now.   Listening to a little classical music (Mendelssohn's Spring Song link above) on this the first day of March, I long to say good-bye to winter for it seems like  Mother Nature has been in hibernation for far too long.  We do have a slight chance of seeing more snow tonight but since the first "official" day for spring is still several weeks away, I remain optimistic that the daffodils and lilacs will be blooming soon.

Speaking of daffodils and lilacs, I am reminded of those when I saw CathyK Designs' newly released kit, SPRING HAS SPRUNG.  This collection is perfect for celebrating the beginning of Spring! Spring Has Sprung - Kit includes 21 papers (14 patterns and 8 solids),banner, 2 berry stems, bird, birdhouse, chevron border, tulip border, butterfly, silver button, vintage flowers card, charm, confetti (shadowed and unshadowed), doily, fence, 9 flowers, 4 frames, 2 journal cards, 3 leafy sprigs, 3 gessoed leaf elements (arrow, bird, burst), paint, 5 ribbons, ricrac, crochet trim, ruffle trim, 3 string, stitching row, Spring has Sprung card, 3 wood veneer elements (arrow, chevron, butterfly).  Included in this collection is also a set of extra papers and a big set of alphas in coordinating colors, and as always the CathyK's newest collection is Scrap for Hire/Scrap for Others (S4H/S4O) friendly!

Of course, I wanted to play with the collection and as it turned out, I had just taken the perfect photos to use!  My four month old Grandbaby Bristol participated in her first pageant yesterday.  She looked so adorable in her pretty yellow and white Easter dress, white ruffle socks and hat, and white patent leather shoes!  She had just gotten her immunizations the day before, and she was not feeling the best in this world so she was not our usual always-smiling Bristol but even with that, our little darling received 2nd runner up, so we were all just bursting with pride!

GingerScraps

GingerScraps

GingerScraps
GingerScraps

GingerScraps
92 Coordinating Products at GingerScraps

FREEBIE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

In closing today, I want to wish my Baby Brother a Happy Happy Birthday!  I made a desktop calendar for him, just in case he forgets what day it is ;)

Way To Go by CathyK Designs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I can't wait to actually see these

Bells of St Clements

“Oranges and lemons… The Bells of St Clements…”. The words of this old English singing game identified the church bells in and around London and are the inspiration behind Rina’s “Bells of St Clements” collection. Full of juicy fruity freshness in citrus shades of cream, lemon yellow, orange and lime green, this collection is sure to become a summer favorite. As part of the Door Buster Event , there will be some new coordinates for Rina's new (soon to be released) kit that are priced for only $1 or $2 !!! I have loved playing with this beautiful kit! Here are some layouts I have finished today. This is a special page I made for my DS#2 and his lovely wife! I love you guys and wish you only the best which life has to offer!!! Thank you for stopping my blog today and here is a freebie I made for you from the layout above. ***SORRY-NO LONGER AVAILABLE***

In Memoriam Collection

Anyone who has lost a loved one knows how much they cherish them and want to preserve their memory. Putting together a Memory Album is one way of remembering them, now and for future generations. Rina and Kimberly have come together in bringing you the "In Memoriam" collection that exemplifies gentleness in strength. Inside this large collection you will find a myriad of embellishments and papers that are suitable for both softly feminine and more rugged masculine pages. It is delicate and sensitive, yet strong and thoughtful. The colors are peaceful, yet with an intensity that gives them strength. You will be able to choose from a number of color combinations: from crisp silvery white and lavender, to the soft glow of gold leaf and sky blue, from warm caramel and taupe to shades found in nature, and finally to accent colors of scarlet red, navy blue and dark purple. Often times our emotions are still very raw from our loss and we may find it difficult to draw on our own c