Skip to main content

A New Decade

We are well on our way on our  journey into the new decade.  I can remember writing a paper when I was in high school (I graduated in 1974) about what I thought the future would be like, and now I am living in that future!  In a way, I was not far off in my predictions for I thought life would be pretty much the same.  I was not like some of my friends thinking we would be living like the Jetsons cartoon but when you really think about it, things are much different...Cell phones, personal computers, and electric cars are a few of the things I had not imagined back then.  I am not into many of the new  high-tech gizmos but I really can not imagine my life without my computer!

I do remember predicting a WWIII for I just could not imagine a world living in peace.  Man, being what he is, I still do not ever see that happening but I do think that most leaders in todays world still have the dream of peace for their people, unfortunately, there are leaders who believe war is a way to achieve peace...I have never understood that.

I thought that world hunger would no longer be a problem.  I was a part of the generation who was told to clean their plates for there were children starving in Africa.  I still find it hard not to clean my plate for that reason and the children are still starving in Africa, and all across the world.  That is mankind's biggest shame.

I still hope for peace and understanding, and my prayers continue for all our soldiers to come home to a country who appreciates all the sacrifices they have made for us one and all.  I still hope that this will be the year that I can get my weight under control and adapt a healthier lifestyle, and I wish I could get my mind set to quit that ugly habit I first adopted in 1974-smoking.  Oh well, I have learned to be content.  Happiness is a state of mind and I am happy, and I am richly blessed!  I am excited to enter into this decade!

Happy Scrappin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapping Today

There are so many other things I should be doing today on my 10th Wedding Anniversary but Hubby had to work, and I have so many pretties that I purchased on National Scrapbooking Day-well, I just want to play!!! And I want to remind you that today is the last day to grab Rina's NSD Grabbag at the incredibly low price of $2.95. This Grabbag is so huge-it is one that just can not be missed! I made the following layout for Rina's Scripture Challenge with the Joyful Awakening Stacked Papers which is just one of the hidden beauties in this bag! I made the next page for the SBE-Layout Inspiration Challenge . It is inspired by Tomorrows and Yesterdays by Danessa . I used Rina's Secrets in The Attic Page set and the In Memoriam Element Set by Kimberly Stewart and Rina Kroes. It is a heritage page for the album I am working on for the Phelps Family Reunion. This next page was made for Build A Fairy Treehouse Challenge at Enchanted Studio Scraps. For this challenge...

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I ca...

Anchors Aweigh

In 1906, Bandmaster Lieutenant Zimmerman was approached by Midshipman First Class Alfred Hart Miles with a request for a new march or fight song. Midshipman Miles was a member of the Naval Academy class of 1907. Miles and his classmates were eager "to have a piece of music that would be inspiring, one with a swing to it so it could be used as a football marching song, and one that would live forever." The two men reportedly worked out the tune and it was first called "Stand Navy Down The Field". "Aweigh", meaning to raise or hoist, comes from the nautical phrase "to weigh anchor". The current lyrics, as revised by George D. Lottman, were adopted in the 1920s, and it is now recognized as the U.S. NAVY Anthem. "Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry; We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y. Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to victory And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray! Anchors Aweigh...