Skip to main content

BELOVED

I hope everyone enjoys a day filled with lots of hugs and kisses on this day of love, Valentine's Day!  I have enjoyed a love-filled weekend as DGS Isaac has spent the past few days with us.  He is just the sweetest little thing!  He loves for Granny to cuddle up with him on the couch and watch movies.  This weekend we went back to some old favorites of his:  Thomas The Train and Nemo.  We baked peanut butter cookies (oh how I wish I could talk hubby into getting us a camera for moments like that) and then Pap took us to Walmart and let him buy Valentines for his Mommy and Daddy, and of course, a special treat for him and his Sissy.  He chose a Valentine Teddy bear for his Mommy and Sissy, and a box of chocolate for his Daddy.  On the way home, he said I am going to name my bear Mr. Fluffer!  I said but you did not get a bear, you bought a toy instead, and he matter-of-factly informed me that Mommy would share her bear with him!  He knows how to work it to get it all, doesn't he, lol!

Speaking of working it, Rina has worked it once again!  I knew her first kit of 2010 would be well worth the wait and she has not disappointed with the release of her BELOVED.

Whether you are celebrating a wedding, anniversary, engagement or Valentine's Day, Rina's beautiful "Beloved" collection will provide plenty of inspiration for cherishing those romantic moments with the love in your life. Composed of softly faded shades of ivory, sage green and mauve (with just a dash of scarlet red for passion) and accompanied by shimmer and glitter, sparkling gems, delicate lace and florals, it can also be used for every day that you celebrate love throughout the year.

 
  
Included in this download you will receive 12 shimmering background papers (12x12 inches) in blended shades of gold and silver enhanced by subtle glitter overlays. All of the elements come in BOTH pre-shadowed and un-shadowed versions!
With over 500 photos from my niece's wedding and reception, Rina's Beloved has inspired me to get her a wedding album fixed!  Here are some pages I made this week:


 I was browsing through the talented "rainydays" gallery at My Scrapbook Art and it is oh-so inspiring!
This is a scraplift of That Face by rainydays.
For a full list of credits for the above layout CLICK HERE

For my submission to the SBG-Noteworthy Challenge #3 using lyrics from the  Eurythmics, I made this


And then with  Romantic Word Art I found from Garden Girl Designs I made these two pages:

 
  
As always, a full list of credits for my layouts can be seen in my DST GALLERY 

HAPPY SCRAPPIN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapping Today

There are so many other things I should be doing today on my 10th Wedding Anniversary but Hubby had to work, and I have so many pretties that I purchased on National Scrapbooking Day-well, I just want to play!!! And I want to remind you that today is the last day to grab Rina's NSD Grabbag at the incredibly low price of $2.95. This Grabbag is so huge-it is one that just can not be missed! I made the following layout for Rina's Scripture Challenge with the Joyful Awakening Stacked Papers which is just one of the hidden beauties in this bag! I made the next page for the SBE-Layout Inspiration Challenge . It is inspired by Tomorrows and Yesterdays by Danessa . I used Rina's Secrets in The Attic Page set and the In Memoriam Element Set by Kimberly Stewart and Rina Kroes. It is a heritage page for the album I am working on for the Phelps Family Reunion. This next page was made for Build A Fairy Treehouse Challenge at Enchanted Studio Scraps. For this challenge...

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I ca...

Anchors Aweigh

In 1906, Bandmaster Lieutenant Zimmerman was approached by Midshipman First Class Alfred Hart Miles with a request for a new march or fight song. Midshipman Miles was a member of the Naval Academy class of 1907. Miles and his classmates were eager "to have a piece of music that would be inspiring, one with a swing to it so it could be used as a football marching song, and one that would live forever." The two men reportedly worked out the tune and it was first called "Stand Navy Down The Field". "Aweigh", meaning to raise or hoist, comes from the nautical phrase "to weigh anchor". The current lyrics, as revised by George D. Lottman, were adopted in the 1920s, and it is now recognized as the U.S. NAVY Anthem. "Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry; We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y. Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to victory And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray! Anchors Aweigh...