Skip to main content

Rina's Scripture Challenge

I love to do forum challenges throughout the digi-scrapping community.  They always provide me with inspiration, especially at times when I just can't find my mojo.  I find so many I would love to do but there is only so much time in a day so I really have to commit myself to doing only a few, otherwise, I would feel overwhelmed and just give up.  The one challenge that I really try to complete every week is the Scriptures Challenge with Rina Kroes.  Rina has been hosting this challenge at Scrapbook-Elements since 2007, and her lovely word art serves as testimony to us all each week.  For me personally, I have not attended a church regularly in many many years but thanks to Rina's Scripture Challenge, I do have my Sunday morning worship service most every week.  Read more about Rina and her Scriptures Challenge at her blog posting A 5 Month Recap of Scripture Challenges.  Browse through the forum threads at Scrapbook-Elements and the Scripture Challenge Gallery for some wonderful inspiration!

Each week Rina creates a piece of beautiful word art, and she shares it with us a free download in the SBE Forum.  The free download is available for one week only BUT Rina also periodically packages them and sells her Scriptures Scraps in the SBE store.  Right now she has  30 packages available for sell so if you have missed collecting any in the past, or have just discovered this beautiful word art...none of us have to feel sad to have missed it - it is all available to us!

I used the Word Art4 from Rina's Scripture Scraps #23 on a page I made for a friend of mine which uses Rina's newest release MARSHMALLOW  along with a few sparkles from Rina's GLORIOUS.  I also used Rina's Marshmallow AddOn which will be available as her gift to us in the September SBE Newsletter.  You can sign up to receive the Newsletter HERE.  Have A Great Day and hope to see ya in the forums!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapping Today

There are so many other things I should be doing today on my 10th Wedding Anniversary but Hubby had to work, and I have so many pretties that I purchased on National Scrapbooking Day-well, I just want to play!!! And I want to remind you that today is the last day to grab Rina's NSD Grabbag at the incredibly low price of $2.95. This Grabbag is so huge-it is one that just can not be missed! I made the following layout for Rina's Scripture Challenge with the Joyful Awakening Stacked Papers which is just one of the hidden beauties in this bag! I made the next page for the SBE-Layout Inspiration Challenge . It is inspired by Tomorrows and Yesterdays by Danessa . I used Rina's Secrets in The Attic Page set and the In Memoriam Element Set by Kimberly Stewart and Rina Kroes. It is a heritage page for the album I am working on for the Phelps Family Reunion. This next page was made for Build A Fairy Treehouse Challenge at Enchanted Studio Scraps. For this challenge...

Hump Day with Teen Tude

Wednesday is Hump Day:and we are half-way through the week.  We here in the USA are looking forward to a big holiday weekend, the 4th of July!  I am sure my sons will take their kids to one of the fireworks shows in the area, and we always have a family cook-out at my brothers house.  I still have to try to get my stuff together for the big yard sale my DILs are having on Saturday.  But today, my husband and a few of his friends are meeting here to finish putting up the big 100 ft CB antennae tower for his "Bull Creek Sub-Station!  He loves to talk and there is always a listening audience for his foolishness on the CB.  That is about the only hobby he has, lol! For me, my love of digi-scrapping led me last night to double-check and finish some of the photo books I have to make sure they are ready for printing.  I added a couple of slide shows from these projects over on the right side of my blog so I hope you take the time to peek at them.  I ca...

Anchors Aweigh

In 1906, Bandmaster Lieutenant Zimmerman was approached by Midshipman First Class Alfred Hart Miles with a request for a new march or fight song. Midshipman Miles was a member of the Naval Academy class of 1907. Miles and his classmates were eager "to have a piece of music that would be inspiring, one with a swing to it so it could be used as a football marching song, and one that would live forever." The two men reportedly worked out the tune and it was first called "Stand Navy Down The Field". "Aweigh", meaning to raise or hoist, comes from the nautical phrase "to weigh anchor". The current lyrics, as revised by George D. Lottman, were adopted in the 1920s, and it is now recognized as the U.S. NAVY Anthem. "Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry; We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y. Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to victory And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray! Anchors Aweigh...